I know peanut butter tends to be a pretty controversial food that people either love or hate but I am firmly in the love ADORE camp and I'm guessing you are too.
Whether I'm using it in desserts, spreading it on toast, or eating it out of the jar it doesn't matter to me, all I want is to taste that crunchy yet smooth, rich, pea-nutty goodness, uuuuuggggghhh!
So, I thought I'd share 2 of the best peanut butter recipes from my favourite food bloggers on the net to allow to get your peanut butter fix too.
Let's do it...
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Cups From Mel @ Virtual Vegan
Not only do I love Mel's Vegan recipe for this but I love her blog in general as despite not being full vegan myself I do like to dabble in it.
Her recipes are also some of the most flavoursome vegan recipes on the net in my opinion.
Things I Love About These Peanut Butter Banana Cups:
- These are light yet they melt in your mouth.
- If you eat them directly from the freezer they come an almost ice cream like snack.
- Total prep and oven time is just 15 minutes meaning you can be eating these almost instantly!
- They are vegan friendly thanks to the vegan friendly chocolate used.
- You get 16 servings from one bake!
- Only 90 calories too.
See the full recipe here.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies By Mary Younkin @ Bare Feet In The Kitchen
I like these cookies not just because they are delicious but because they stem from happy memories as a child and baking them with friends through high school as for me food that comes from happy memories is all the more special.
Why I Love These Peanut Butter Cookies:
- They are the simplest cookies you'll ever make - trust me!
- By the time your oven is pre-heated these will be prepped and ready to go in.
- They use just 3 ingredients - sugar, egg, and of course peanut butter to add moisture.
- You can add chocolate chips, sugar, and / or vanilla for extra taste if you wish.
- Next to no cleaning of pans and pots or grill cleaning required, just use your oven over the microwave.
See the full recipe for these here.
Questions About Peanut Butter
What can you use Peanut Butter for?
Use it in desserts, spread it on toast, eat it straight out the jar.
Can Peanut Butter be frozen?
Yes, there's no reason why you can't and it should be fine but there's no good reason to freeze it either as it typically has a long shelf life anyway in the cupboard or fridge (check the use by date first though of course).
Is it healthy to eat Peanut Butter regularly? Is Peanut Butter good for you?
According to WebMD it is high in protein and peanuts contain certain "good fats" which can be beneficial for you but brands add extra oils, fats and sugars which means it can become pretty unhealthy quickly if you're eating too much or the wrong brand.
On the whole it's better to eat peanut butter moderately as part of a health diet.
How long does Peanut Butter last in the fridge?
According to Heathline, peanut putter can last up to 1 month once opened or even as long as 3-4 months if it has stabilisers added but always consult the guidelines and "best by" date on the label and use common sense.
Wrapping This Peanut Butter-tastic Post Up
In my opinion these are two of the most delicious and best peanut butter recipes on the net from 2 of my favourite food bloggers, so with either of these recipes you cannot go wrong.
If you're a peanut butter lover like myself then you'll be in heaven with these.