Frosty, creamy and sinful are words that come to mind for these Vegan Frozen White Russians, spiked with cake vodka and Kahlua.
Come for the frosty drink. Stay for the shots of Kahlua and cake vodka. 😀
With the exception of these vegan frozen white Russians, vodka and I do not have a great relationship. If you ever see me in the rare hangover state, it’s because I drank vodka, hands down. I’m not sure what it is about that fickle but deliciously haunting liquor, but it gets me every time. Even the cake vodka.
My boyfriend says it’s because I pour in three shots per small glass and drink them like I’m a marathoner at an aid station. Perhaps. In my defence, it’s right there! In front of me! What else am I supposed to do?
Thankfully (or not?), these vegan frozen white Russians are not overflowing with liquor, but just the right amount to give a flavourful kick while enjoying the complex taste of the drink. They combine frozen coconut cream and coconut milk in cute little cubes, some chilled bold coffee, tasty vanilla cake vodka, coffee-flavoured Kahlua, and a garnish of chocolate syrup.
No cream here, folks! Coconut cubes replace the cream, keeping the taste and texture alive in these vegan frozen white Russians. Everyone knows that frosty drinks taste better (citation: me), so turning an already smooth, delicious drink into a frozen cocktail is a no-brainer.
It tastes just like an spiked iced cappuccino, so be prepared to drool. If you want to be classy like me, enjoy the fruits of this recipe in bed at 9 a.m. on a weekend morning, when you should have been packing to move house. So, so classy.
Check out CK on Instagram! If you try out one of my recipes, tag @CrumbKitchen so I can see your delicious creations. 🙂
Total Cost = $4.53 (Budget breakdown below recipe)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1.5 oz. cake vodka
- 1.5 oz. Kahlua
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- The night before, make your coconut ice cubes by shaking a can of unrefrigerated coconut milk until both the cream and milk have mixed, then pour into an ice cube tray. One can filled an entire tray for me. Freeze the cubes overnight.
- Once cubes are frozen, tap/twist the tray to loosen them, and pour out into a large blender. Mix in cake vodka, Kahlua and chilled coffee and blend on high until mixture is completely combined and no chunks of coconut cubes remain.
- Pour mixture into two tall glasses. For an added chocolate bonus, mix in a few squirts of chocolate syrup and drizzle some on top.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker.
1 can full-fat coconut milk = $1.00
1.5 oz. cake vodka = $1.75
1.5 oz. Kahlua = $1.75
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee = $0.03
Want more? Check out the recipes below!