These simple Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats are chock full of large flake oats, chia seeds, almond milk and fresh chopped strawberries.
Breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day. Just the name itself, to break one’s fast, is great. Fasting is uncomfortable and makes you hangry. I often want to Spartan-kick anyone who crosses me when I’m hungry. Let’s end that.
Today’s recipe is my healthy answer to breakfast with some Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats. How about we break down the refreshing deliciousness of this recipe:
- Oodles of good-for-you large flake oats (with the option to substitute the even healthier steel-cut oats if you’d prefer)
- Cold, refreshing almond milk that lends the oats a barely-there nutty flavour
- A generous sprinkling of chia seeds to grow chia pets with (obviously)
- Pure maple syrup to sweeten up the oats, which tastes AMAZING with almond milk
- A whole bunch of cut-up fresh strawberries because winter is over thank god
- A handful of crunchy granola of your choice to top it off!
Overnight oats are the bomb. They’re simple to make if you’re someone who hates mornings with a burning passion. This way, you can make in five minutes the night before then enjoy your ready-to-go Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats bounty in the morning. All you need is a spoon!
A mason jar full of these oats is filling, so much so that you could make two portions out of it. Or, if you’re starving, this would be a wholesome, filling breakfast. Blame the oats and almond milk for filling you up in a way that doesn’t make you regret your life choices almost immediately after (I’m looking at you McDonald’s, you horrible and beautiful creature).
Easy. Quick. Healthy. What’s not to love?
Check out CK on Instagram! If you try out one of my recipes, tag @CrumbKitchen so I can see your delicious creations. 🙂
Total Cost = $2.49 (Budget breakdown below recipe)
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup large flake oats (or steel cut)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 8-10 medium strawberries, chopped
- 2 tsp. maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup granola
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except for granola, ensuring all oats are wet and coated.
- Scoop mixture into two mini mason jars or 1 regular sized one. Cover with lid, then refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with granola and serve.
Adapted from A Pumpkin and a Princess.
1 cup almond milk = $0.48
2/3 cup large flake oats = $0.18
2 tsp. chia seeds = $0.10
8-10 medium strawberries = $1.50
2 tsp. maple syrup or honey = $0.08
1/4 cup granola = $0.15