Thanks for stumbling upon Crumb Kitchen, a former dessert blog turned hub for from-scratch-food, celebrating simple foods you might have thought you could never make at home, local eating, how-tos and a healthier lifestyle. Think homesteading, except I live in a condo downtown. And I don’t have kids, nor a garden. Nor chickens. And I’ve never canned anything in my life.
Okay, maybe just think of Crumb Kitchen as Crumb Kitchen.
What You’ll Find Here
- Easy, tried-and-tested recipes for kitchen basics, such as bread, butter and granola
- Recipes that turn those basics into meals to feed yourself and your loved ones
- An emphasis on locally grown produce and other items through my CSA Cooking series (coming soon!)
- Profiles on local producers, businesses, workshops and programs that promote good food and vibrant communities
- How-tos for my take on urban from-scratch DIY—think bikes, balconies and homewares
- Explorations into natural beauty and cleaning products, a car-free lifestyle, preserving and photography—basically all the hippy things I want to learn more about, so come along on my journey!
What You Won’t Find Here
- My former emphasis on budget-friendly desserts only (Crumb Kitchen changed its focus in March 2017)
- Overly complicated recipes that require two university degrees to master
- Super polished, recipe-only content (see previous heading!)
- An answer to life’s burning questions, like why we are here
- Only pictures of cats (I wish)
About Crumb Kitchen
While new blog content builds up over the coming months, follow along to see what’s new. I hope you’ll join me on this new adventure!