I absolutely love chocolate and consider myself a chocolate connoisseur but others would say "chocolate fiend" is more appropriate.
Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate...I love it all.
And there's nothing I love more than cooking and baking with chocolate and creating delicious recipes from scratch with it.
So today I thought I'd share 4 of my favourite chocolate recipes from across the web that I always enjoy re-creating at home and that you might too.
OK fellow chocolate lover, let's do this...
Chocolate Turtle Cookies Recipe From Danielle @ 'Live Well Bake Often'
Before I share this awesome Chocolate Turtle Cookies recipe let me tell you that I love Danielle's passion for cooking and baking which she mentions stems from helping her mom in the kitchen as a kid particularly baking cookies.
I think for a lot of us cooking and baking does remind us of spending time with our parents in the kitchen as a kid and watching them create delicious meals that we had the pleasure of eating.
I also admire that Danielle a dog lover who has rescued 3 dogs, Benji (a beagle mix), Buffy (a whippet/lab mix), and Georgie (a lab mix) which is adorable.
So let me show you how gorgeous Danielle's cookies are so you'll be inspired to bake some yourself...
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Into the mix she adds pecan and caramel which I adore both of so this adds onto the chocolatey goodness for me.
- These can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or frozen for 3 months, ideal for leftovers (ummm...what's leftovers?!) just be sure to wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or better yet an air proof container.
- Prep time is only 20 minutes!
- Cook time is only 10 minutes!
- You'll be eating cookies within the hour!
You can see the full recipe here.
Greek Yoghurt & Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins From 'Together As A Family'
The 'Together As A Family' recipe blog is such an inspiring website built around Jessica's (the mom) love of cooking for her family and get the kids involved in the process.
She actually created the website as a way to connect with her extended family across the country and deal with her struggles of anxiety and depression, which is really inspiring.
Here's why I love this recipe:
- Quick and simple as prep time is only 10 minutes and bake time 18 minutes so you have muffins to eat in around 30 minutes or less.
- Only 152 calories!
- Very simple to make even if you're a beginner baker.
- The taste is delicious, I'm a chocolate fanatic and I love chocolate combined with banana it gives a rich almost buttery flavour to it.
See the full and delicious recipe here.
Boozy Orange Hot Chocolate By 'Vanilla & Bean'
Traci from Vanilla & Bean really hit the nail on the head with this one...
Booze, chocolate, and orange...need I say more? It's a flavour mix to die for as far as I'm concerned.
I love chocolate orange and I'm partial to a tipple of booze too so this is like heaven for me, a real adult hot chocolate for the cold winter nights.
And on top of that this recipe uses dark chocolate not milk chocolate (my absolute favourite) of at least 72% which is like a dream come true for me.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- I adore dark chocolate and particularly anything about 72% especially when mixed with fruit!
- Chocolate Orange is a great flavour combo and we all know it!
- Spiking this hot chocolate with booze is a fantastic idea for an winter warming adult drink.
- This is relatively quick and easy to make but absolutely delicious too!
- I made too much of this first time round and re-heated in the microwave without issue later.
See the full boozy hot chocolate recipe here.
Chocolate Candy Cane Cake By Aimee From Shugary Sweets
This recipe I'm about to share is an absolute treat and great for the festive period plus both kids and adults alike will love it.
It's probably not something you're going to bake and eat every week but when looking for a special treat and especially at Christmas this is delicious, the smell that will come wafting from your oven will make you salivate.
Here's what I love about it:
- It LOOKS festive and joyful - you'll see what I mean soon.
- It's ready in under 40 minutes!
- The candy cane garnish looks adorable!
See the full festive recipe here.
Questions About Chocolate
What can I use cooking chocolate for?
Almost any dessert from cupcakes, chocolate cake, brownies or more benefit from cooking chocolate.
What's the best chocolate to use in cooking?
Look for specific cooking chocolate and / or dark chocolate as the higher cocoa percentage means more flavour ends up in your end dish.
Can you use normal chocolate instead of cooking chocolate?
You can but you are better to use cooking chocolate if available as regular chocolate already has a lot of sugar added where as cooking chocolate is typically unsweetened allowing you to add sugar to taste during cooking / baking.
Conclusion: These Are My Favourite Chocolate Recipes Online
If you're looking for some deliciously decadent chocolate recipes to create at home then you can't go wrong with any of these, all are incredible.
And each of these is guaranteed to put a smile on your families faces, so enjoy with a cup of traditional tea from the pot or coffee.